Friday, February 25, 2011

If you don't have anything good to say.................

Psalm 39 (New International Version, ©2010)

 1 I said, “I will watch my ways
   and keep my tongue from sin;
I will put a muzzle on my mouth
   while in the presence of the wicked.” 
2 So I remained utterly silent,
   not even saying anything good.



I am sure everyone has heard, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!" Well, I didn't know it was Biblical. I sometimes need a muzzle. I don't think I'm the only one. As Christians we (meaning me) sometimes think we have an obligation to point out others sins. I would say that more often than not, when we point out others faults, it's not taken well. That's true even when we're right.

We can make more of an impact if we keep our mouth shut and just let our actions do the talking. I'm not sure why I think my actions aren't enough. Maybe it's because my actions don't always match my words. Or better yet, maybe my actions don't match GOD's WORD.

Dear Lord, Keep me from sinning, especially sinning with my tongue. I know my words can do more to hurt you than any actions I could possibly take. Forgive me when my words and actions don't match. I love you Lord and don't want to keep people from knowing you! You are an awesome God and I beg your forgiveness. Amen!

No comments: