Thursday, April 13, 2017

Betrayal

“After he said these things, Jesus became visibly upset, and then he told them why. “One of you is going to betray me.””
‭‭John‬ ‭13:21‬ ‭MSG‬‬
http://bible.com/97/jhn.13.21.msg

Holy Week is full of many ups and downs. It's easy to overlook the turmoil of that final week. The betrayal had to be so painful for Jesus. He knew it was to happen, but that didn't make it any easier. I can only imagine. Yet, I think all of us have experienced some degree of betrayal, none that I know of have lost their life because of it. It hurts at all levels. Have I betrayed anyone in my past? I can't remember but it's always possible. Our sinfulness causes us to do very hurtful things. We can't hold grudges against those that hurt us. We can only hope for forgiveness as we hurt others. It doesn't do any good to harbor resentment of our enemies or those that betray us. God is our example. His son sacrificed his life for us even though we have sinned against him. The grace of God forgives us and we can move forward without regret.

Dear Lord, I praise you for the love and forgiveness you have given me. I am so thankful and humble when I celebrate your sacrifice on the cross. Guide me in my deeds today. Guide my words that they might be an inspiration to others and not hurtful or mean. Focus my life on your mission. Fill my heart with your presence. I love you Lord! Amen!

No comments: