Saturday, April 15, 2017

A hard days work?

“When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.” “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭5:4-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/luk.5.4-7.nlt

Sometimes life is just hard. Ever since the fall of man we have been toiling, laboring, to live a life of abundance. I had a perfect day off yesterday and had quite a bit of work to get done outside. Planting bulbs, hauling dirt, spreading mulch, and cleaning up. It was a great day but I have to admit, I was tired. But the day was not over. I quickly showered and headed to Auburn to be with my CMA family and then some fellowship with a couple of dear friends. Yes, I was tired but I also was blessed and the entire day was so complete! 

This story about Peter and his fishing buddies really puts things in perspective. They had fished all through the night, laboring, tired, with no results. Then Jesus spoke. They had the choice right there to make an excuse and quit, or follow the Lord. The results, even through their exhaustion was bundance beyond all measure. 

Follow Jesus! Follow him even through the labor and toil of your life. Heed hi voice even when you are weary and ready for a nap! My CMA devotional said we need to work even harder for the harvest. We need to double our efforts to save the lost. We need to share the Lord and go deeper just like the fisherman in the story. The reward is eternal!

Lord, I praise you through all things. I praise you through the joys and hardships of life. Forgive me for not working hard enough for your kingdom. Give me strength to serve you even when I think I can't go on. You are amazing Lord. Praise God for his love! Amen!

No comments: