Thursday, April 27, 2017

Don't Judge'm , just Love'm!

“Then the Lord said, “You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. It came quickly and died quickly. But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?””
‭‭Jonah‬ ‭4:10-11‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jon.4.10-11.nlt

I sure don't know what Jonah had against Nineveh. He despised them. It's a good thing God loved them enough to force Jonah to.minister to them. It's such a tragedy tha Jonah had no desire to preach to this group of lost. To the end he was grumpy about his calling. How's your attitude about ministry?

Confession: I have been a grump at school.

It's the end of the year, kids are shutting down and just not being productive. I feel great when I arrive at 7am. By the time I hit 3:00, I'm done. But, in our prayer group on Monday, I prayed for joy and patience. I prayed God would change my attitude. I still need to minister in these last days of the school year. This week has been so much better. My joy is returning. This ministry I call work, is not meant to be a drudgery. No ministry for the Lord is meant to be a downer. Just like Gods call to Jonah, we are meant to share love so that others will see Jesus in us. How can we do that as a grump?

It's impossible!

Motorcyclist ministry is the same. I could get "ticked" pretty easily if I look at the crazy decision these bikers make. I could treat them like crap when I see their destructive habits and twisted theology. I could refuse to share because, in my opinion, they just don't deserve it. Do I deserve Gods love? NO!

I'm not supposed to judge'm, I'm supposed to love'm.

I am to look past the sins just like the Lord looks past my sins. It's so easy to look at someone else's sins and forget our own, both past and present. We can not let our attitude destroy our witness and our love of Jesus.

Dear Lord, continue to fill me with your joy. Continue to help me witness with my actions and my attitude. Let my life for you shine. Amen!

No comments: