Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Obsession!

“They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For you are a slave to whatever controls you."  ‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭2:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/2pe.2.19.nlt

I hate it when I don't feel I have control of a situation. Today I watched a dozen of my GHS students participate in a mock distaster. Our EMT students were asked to take charge, control, a chaotic situation simulated by other students and area EMT's. It was chaos just like it would be if a real event occurred. The students performed wonderfully. I could not have handled it as well. I hate being in control of chaos.

I hate to admit it, even though I love to be in control, I also have a tendency to let "things" control me. I can easily obsess about anything and everything. Yes, I have been a slave to those things that DO control me. Many times these things interfere with my service to the Lord. I can obsess about school, a plan, a vacation, a schedule , or purchasing something. I can be a slave to that obsession. When I'm on a mission, watch out. Don't interfere. If you do, I might treat you like "crap", not at all like a true Christian.

I /We can not let our obsessions control us. We must turn everything over to Christ. We need to obsess about serving the Lord, not the stuff of this world.

Dear Lord, heal me of my obsessions. Help me turn my entire life over to you. It will only be through your grace, mercy, and power that I will be able to follow your plan for my life. I need you! Amen!

No comments: