Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My prayer for the last 6 weeks of school

“Jesus said, “If you’ve had a bath in the morning, you only need your feet washed now and you’re clean from head to toe. My concern, you understand, is holiness, not hygiene. So now you’re clean. But not every one of you.” (He knew who was betraying him. That’s why he said, “Not every one of you.”) After he had finished washing their feet, he took his robe, put it back on, and went back to his place at the table. Then he said, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You address me as ‘Teacher’ and ‘Master,’ and rightly so. That is what I am. So if I, the Master and Teacher, washed your feet, you must now wash each other’s feet. I’ve laid down a pattern for you. What I’ve done, you do. I’m only pointing out the obvious. A servant is not ranked above his master; an employee doesn’t give orders to the employer. If you understand what I’m telling you, act like it—and live a blessed life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭13:12-17‬ ‭MSG‬‬
http://bible.com/97/jhn.13.12-17.msg

We are in Holy Week. The most treasured time in my faith walk. This is where faith meets action. Jesus gave us the perfect example of servant leadership. He lived a life and died with one thing in mind --- serving us! I am working to do the same.

It's that crazy time of year again. We have six weeks of school, tensions are high due to testing, a crazy busy schedule of annual end of year activities, and tiredness from being on the go. My greatest peace comes through the scripture and my greatest inspiration comes through Jesus and his death on the cross. Peace comes over me when I realize Jesus is with me. He has rescued me from total loss and I know I can survive because of him.

Dear Lord, provide peace and rest for my fellow teachers and administrators.  Give us the patience we deeply need this time of year. Give us rest as the schedules fill up with an overwhelming number of activities. Help us to maintain our focus on helping students even when we are weary.  Help us to maintain a caring and loving attitude. Help us to rely on your power and might to serve just like Jesus did. I love you Lord! Amen!

No comments: