Sunday, April 23, 2017

Our ministries are all different!

“As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.” But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:38-42‬ ‭NLT‬‬.  http://bible.com/116/luk.10.38-42.nlt

Yesterday was the big Arcola Bike Blessing and my CMA family was out in force to love and share Jesus. It was still pretty cold out and my loving wife didn't let that bother her. She found a way to minister from the warmth of the fellowship hall. We all minister in different ways. God has gifted us with ministry that is unique to our own lives and personalities. Some are bold and work the crowds, others prefer one on one. Still others are gifted with service. Others are gifted with finances. Ministry happens in so many different ways.

I can't sit still and I have never met a stranger. I love just going up to a biker and start a conversation about anything and everything. I love praying with bikers. I love visiting with them in the hospital when they need us. I love talking bikes, bike trips, and most of all Jesus.

God has designed my wife for one-on-one ministry. She quietly serves and shows great love to the people she talks with. It's not flashy. It's not in your face. It's still a powerful ministry. While I stood in front of the crowd of over a thousand bikers yesterday and read scripture, she met with several people, one-on-one, and shared Jesus. She talked with former students about issues in their lives, she talked to fellow CMAers about some trials they are going through. She talked with strangers and just quietly went about doing Gods work. It looks like I am doing more ministry because I am in the public eye. I really think we need more people like my wife, serving quietly, and sharing God's love.

It's easy to criticize people if "they" don't minister like you do. It's easy to judge others about their lives and wether they are effective in ministry. But, we all have a UNIQUE calling and We are just required to obey the call. We answer to God, not man!

Dear Jesus, thank you for my wonderful ministry. Thank you for giving me a wife that loves to share Jesus. She has obeyed your call and been a light in this dark world. My entire CMA family has a ministry that matches the uniqueness that God has built into our hearts. You are amazing and I love the special people you have put in my life! Please continue to watch over us as we continue to serve for you! Amen!

No comments: