Tuesday, April 25, 2017

THRIVE!

“So Ananias went and found Saul. He laid his hands on him and said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road, has sent me so that you might regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.””Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭9:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.9.17.

You just have to love Ananias. He not only listened to the call, he acted. He faced down one of the most notorious persecutors in history and  saved him.  It would be like approaching the leader of ISIS and healing him. I don't know too many people going into the mission field to share the gospel with the Taliban.

We do need people to share God's love with the entire world, even our Muslim brothers and sisters. But most of us are not asked to take that dangerous and bold step. We ARE asked to share Jesus with our coworkers, friends, and certainly our families. That shouldn't be as intimidating as witnessing to Saul, but I know it feels like it. Just a thought though......... DONT YOU WANT TO SPEND ETERNITY WITH YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND COWORKERS?

What are you afraid of?

Get you story straight. Has Jesus changed you or not? Don't you feel the call to share your joy?

Aren't you just exploding from the inside when you think about how Jesus has changed your life?

If you can't tell specifically how Jesus changed you, is he real? If you don't feel his power in every bone in your body, are you dead?

I gave my life to Jesus as an early teen. I was awkward, and nowhere near the person I am today. God has given me confidence and helped me to lead a life as an overcomer. Barrier after barrier has been destroyed in my life. I have faced financial ruin, I have faced family crisis, I have faced job problems, and I have faced loss. I can look back and say how did I do that? Then I  realize it would have been impossible without God.  I have been blessed with abundance, love, family, and health, not by my will but by the hand of Jesus!  My loving savior is my deliverer, my protector, and my rock. I can face life with no fear because of the almighty hand of God. I would not thrive without him. I am thriving. I am blessed beyond measure. I can't hold it in!

No comments: