Monday, April 17, 2017

The road

“Jesus said, “I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You’ve even seen him!””
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭MSG‬‬. http://bible.com/97/jhn.14.6-7.msg

The school year is in the home stretch and my eyes are fixed on the final plans for vacation. I love planning our annual trips. There are so many options and I love the challenge of taking the right roads to see as much as we can in a short time. There really isn't a perfect route, but I keep looking. 

I've stopped looking for a perfect way to live. I've found it. I'm not saying I am perfect. I'm saying I have found the perfect path, through Jesus. There are no OTHER real options. That's what Jesus said. There is only one road and it's through him. I have taken so many different detours, side roads and off-beaten paths through my life. They all looked so inviting. They were all dead ends. My savior has laid out a perfect route. A route that leads me to blessings and peace and a route that is an adventure to be enjoyed every day. Turmoil is found everywhere when I drift or head out on my own. Praise God for his love. Praise God for the plan he has set out before me. 

Dear Lord, I love you. I praise you for the joy you have given me. I am excited for my future. I am excited that you care so much for me that you have planned my life day-to-day and minute-by-minute. Thank you Lord! Amen!

No comments: