Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Please read, I hope you're not offended!

Did I get your attention? I hope so. I really need you to hear me out. I am the President of Son Rise Riders which is the Fort Wayne Chapter of the Christian Motorcyclist Association. I am new to this position but not new to this wonderful ministry. I have been a member for, I think, about 5 years. I really love this ministry.

In a nut shell, we minister, primarily to the motorcyclist community. Many "bikers" are not openly welcomed in Sunday worship. Many have tattoos, feel comfortable in leather jackets and boots, and love riding motorcycles. It's unfortunate that most people turn the other way when they see bikers. They assume the worst. Even Christians, many times, judge by the book by its cover. Frankly, I am saddened by that truth. CMA is here to serve the rejected and the outcasts, I don't share this to shame you! It's just a reality. I love my church and feel Gods hand has been upon its ministry. But, Jesus wants us, his church, to go out to serve the lost. That's what we do at CMA.

Once a year, on the first Saturday in May, we step out of our roles as servants to host our own fundraiser called "Run for the Son". It is really contrary to what we stand for. We don't want to be known for RAISING MONEY. But, we dedicate this one day to do just that. So, this year on May 4th we will concentrate our efforts to raising money for our beloved ministry. 100% of the money goes to support our worldwide ministry. 40% of the money raised goes directly to CMA to minister to bikers. The rest of the money is split between three ministry partners: Open Doors Ministry, which supports persecuted Christians throughout the world; Missionary Ventures, which provides transportation and other needs for church evangelists throughout third world countries; and the Jesus Film project which shares the gospel message throughout the world in the form of this powerful film.

So now I hope I don't offend you. I need your help. Please prayerfully consider making a donation to CMA through ME! Contact me by email, stvrhoades@hotmail.com and we can make arrangements for your donation. The donation is completely tax deductible and I can supply you with a receipt. You can also donate online.

PLEASE HELP ME AND MY PASSION FOR THIS MINISTRY,I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.  CMA has seen over 16 million people comit themselves to Christ. The ministry is powerful and is a great investment in the kingdom. It's not about the money, it's about saving lives through the message of Christ!

No comments: