Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Perfect!

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:11, 12 NIV)

Stephanie and I have another great trip planned out west this summer. This is our 5th summer trip WEST. I just can't get enough of the wide open spaces. The only down side is traveling across Nebraska, Kansas, and South Dakota. I love these states, but traveling through them seems to take forever. Every mile of highway looks just like the last and like the next 500. When you get to western Nebraska you have some hope and when the mountains start to appear you think your almost there and it goes on and on and on.

When I read these verses, I think about traveling out west. I believe I have a great grasp of the separation of the east and west. I also know the depth of my own sin. Only I can appreciate the love of God and his mercy in relation to my own sin. I know I'm not perfect. God does too. Yet, he acts like I AM perfect. He forgets who I was and only knows me for who I am, washed clean by his great sacrifice.

Praise God for his mercy and grace. His love is blind to my sin. I am perfect!

No comments: