Friday, April 5, 2013

Are you up to your neck?

Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God. (Psalm 69:1-3 NIV)

My wife has been drowning at work. It has been a rough week. She knows God is in control, but it has been a mentally draining week. I thought of her when I read these verses. I would love to be able to come to the rescue but, I can't. Mostly what I do is listen and empathize. I feel helpless. Then I remember I serve the God of the universe and he is never helpless. So, I turn to him and so does Steph. He understands our needs. He will reach down from his throne and remove us from the miry depths. He will give strength to our weak and worn out bodies, minds, and spirit.

God is there , he is our savior, he is our salvation in good times and crisis. Praise God for his love and kindness. God will rescue my wife. She knows it and waits for his majesty to shine!

No comments: