Thursday, April 25, 2013

Great Kids! Our world is in good hands!

“Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him. “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, “ ‘From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise’ ?” (Matthew 21:16 NIV)

I am surrounded by youth. I live with them nearly 7 hours five days a week, enjoy my own grandkids and still consider my adult daughters GREAT KIDS! I am inspired by the young people I get to hang out with. So many people complain about the kids of today. It's sad. They look at how they love video games with disgust. Why? Do we think those games are worse than the neighborhood games we played as kids? Yep, they are different, but I'm not sure how playing Army with my neighborhood kids was much better than playing a video war game. They ride skate boards and bicycles, so did we. They love the Internet, we were addicted to Television. They tolerate school and prefer the company of their friends over studying algebra, so did I. We didn't text during the school day instead of working on an assignment. We secretly wrote and passed notes. We pretended to read our text books while hiding a comic book and we occasionally faked an illness to skip a test we weren't ready for.

Things haven't changed as much as we think they have. I see greatness in the kids I hang out with. I see a great hope for the future. I see passion, curiosity, love, loyalty and intelligence in all the kids I hang out with. I wish you could see what I see.

Thanks Lord for the young people of our community and I praise you Lord for the blessing of McKenzie, Lindsae, Kelley, Jeff, Brian, Klayton, Lauren, Hannah, Ayla, and Rian. Our world is in good hands!

No comments: