Sunday, April 14, 2013

God's WAY better!

My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. (Psalm 131:1, 2 NIV)

I like to think I'm a contented person, then I find out I'm not. As long as things are going well, I am content. But, I find myself second guessing God a lot. I know I shouldn't. I mean he is the creator of ALL things. He has THE plan for life and beyond. Yet, I have a tendency to tell him how to do his job.  I tell him how to run the weather. I tell him how and when to heal people. I tell him how to organize my life and I try to convince him how great i am compared to the rest of the world.

The matters of God are way to wonderful for me. Why do I think I can do a better job than him? As I've gotten older, wiser, I don't tell God, as much, how to run this creation. I have calmed myself. I am trying to be content. It's not easy. I think I know everything. It's a good thing God is a big God and he is filled with grace and mercy.  I am the poster child for how much grace he has. Even in my weakness and sin, his grace abounds!

No comments: