Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I love my peeps!

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. (Psalm 149:4 NIV)

No, im not talking about those little sugar filled marshamallow treats. im talking about MY peeps, the people i get to spend my life with. God has filled me with delight in my people. For the last 8 months I am just filed with love of my peeps! I thoroughly enjoy my family, my students, coworkers, and fellow CMAers.  I really can't explain it, except to say the spirit of The Lord is doing a great work in me. I can feel it and I like it. It's not always been how I felt. But, my life is changing and I am really enjoying it.
None of these people are perfect, but it's still easy  to delight in being around them.

How many people love spending time with their families as much as I do? How many people can'twait to get to work every day as a high school teacher? I hear nationally the teaching profession is filled with stressed, over worked, underpaid, teachers. I don't get it. I love being with my students! I am blessed with a great administrative leadership team, and our staff is second to none. I delight in the challenges and the rewards.

God says the same thing about me. He knows my sins, my flaws, my entire life inside and out. Yet, he still delights in me. He wants to spend all his time with me, he can't wait for me to wake in the morning and he won't leave me even as I sleep. I can't explain my feelings and I certainly can't explain God's feelings for me.

I praise God for this wonderful life he has provided. I do not deserve it, but I am truly blessed. Lord help me be a delight to others. Help me to her your voice of delight and to spend my every waking moment in your service.

No comments: