Monday, April 29, 2013

I want to get a peek at the ending!

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. (Psalm 143:8 NIV)

I have gone through many trials in my 52+ years of my life. I turned my life over to Jesus nearly 40 years ago. I have found, without exception, when I let God be God, everything turns out for the best. I have always been able to look back in awe and amazement. I trust The Lord. When I see friends or family going through similar trials, I feel so helpless. I have a close friend going through very similar trials and I ache for him. I feel the anxiousness in my daughters lives as they try to figure out Gods plan. I am anxious for them, not because I don't trust God. I trust him, but I want to see where he is leading. I want to read the end of the chapter and skip the middle.

My daughter and her husband are trying to let God truly be in charge of a big decision in their life. As we all do, they have the plan all figured out for God. They know that our plans are not always Gods plans. They are trying to remember that and not be disappointed if THEIR plan is not Gods. Easier said than done!

I'm sure my friend is thinking the same thing. I'm sure he has solved his own problem, if God would only listen. When we turn our lives over to God, it doesn't give us power to manipulate Gods will. When we devote our lives to faith in Christ, we release control to the one who created the universe. It shouldn't be scary. It should be exciting. In reality, it's both scary and exciting because we are weak and need the strength of Jesus. So, we wait upon The Lord with his infinite wisdom, power, and love.

Still, I wish I could get a peak at the ending!

No comments: