Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hiking off the trail!

Psalm 17 (New International Version, ©2010) 

1 Hear me, LORD, my plea is just; listen to my cry. 

Hear my prayer— 

   it does not rise from deceitful lips.
2 Let my vindication come from you;
   may your eyes see what is right.
 3 Though you probe my heart,
   though you examine me at night and test me,
you will find that I have planned no evil;
   my mouth has not transgressed.
4 Though people tried to bribe me,
   I have kept myself from the ways of the violent
   through what your lips have commanded.
5 My steps have held to your paths;
   my feet have not stumbled.



I have been starting to plan our summer vacation 2011. Stephanie and I always take a long vacation in the summers via Motorcycle. We camp and really enjoy the time spent in the beauty of God's creation. We really enjoy taking hikes. Stephanie's idea of a great hiking trail is not the same as mine. I have more of an adventurous side than Stephanie. So, sometimes I will go on a more advanced trail and Stephanie will wait until I get back. This year I did that on one of the peaks at Glacier National Park. The temperature was about 40 degrees and the area was still covered with snow. So I took a hike back to Hidden Lake while Stephanie stayed at the Logan Pass Lodge. I have never hiked on snow before and it was amazing. It was also scary. One slip and I could just see myself sliding down the mountain onto the Jagged rocks at the bottom. I made sure of every single step and I did not venture off the path. Here are some pictures of the trail.




The rangers warned of going off the path. I know it's hard to believe, but people don't think, all the time, and several people venture off the trail. Every year the rangers have to go rescue someone. Sometimes these "adventurists" die from their poor choices.

God is just like those rangers. He has prepared for us a certain path. Even if we stay on the path it can be adventurous and even a little scary. But, if we decide to strike out on our own, we are in for big trouble. I am constantly amazed that people think they know better than God. Here is the creator of the universe and his plan is being questioned by one of us. How crazy is that?  Stay on God's path. Watch your step. If you can do these two things you will have a wonderfully exciting and adventurous life while walking with the God of Heaven and Earth.

No comments: