Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sick of Being Sick

Psalm 3

 1 LORD, how many are my foes!
   How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
   “God will not deliver him.”[b]
 3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
   my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 

4 I call out to the LORD,
   and he answers me from his holy mountain.

I am Praising God today, I am finally feeling better. I have been sick since Monday. I can truly say I am sick of being sick. At first I thought it was just the flu. On Wednesday, I found I had a urinary tract infection. It has take until today for the "Drugs" to kick in. So, I have been laying around the house with fever, headache and total body aches for 5 days. 

God has been good to me over this past week even though I was sick. He has certainly been the shield around me. He has provided me with great people who have completely taken care of me. That starts with my lovely wife. She was my nurse. She has taken care of me all week. My great secretary at school has been the Athletic Director all week even though she is just back from her own surgery and recovery. Don't tell anyone but she is the reason for the great Athletic Department at GHS! All the other people I work with at school have pitched in to make sure things continued while I was out. They were wonderful.

When you're sick, it's hard to hold your head high. When you are beaten down by a fever and the aches of an infection, you just can't raise your head. God can. As we go through life we will always have pain, illness, and depression. We need to know that God is there to hold our head high even when we can't do it on our own. God has put in place people who love us, people who care for us, and people who will support us when we can't do it on our own. It doesn't matter if it's illness or some other set back. God will deliver us, he will hold up our head, he will sustain us and cure us. He is in control.

Dear Lord, Thank you for your healing touch and Thank You for providing for me when I can't life my own head. You are an amazing God! Thank You! Amen!

No comments: