Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Slice of Heaven!

Psalm 16 (New International Version, ©2010)

5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup;
   you make my lot secure. 
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
   surely I have a delightful inheritance. 
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
   even at night my heart instructs me. 
8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
   With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.



This is kind of a strange verse to me. I was not so sure of its meaning until I started looking at some other versions and other verses. Being the "geek" I am, I love to do research on bible verses to get deeper into their meaning. Sometimes you can over think a verse and kind of destroy the meaning. Even if you like looking into verses deeper, it is always best to go with what God is speaking to your heart. The Holy Spirit will speak clearly if you really let it.

God has given us a great inheritance. We have been willed the most perfect plot of land. We have been given the most fertile farm land and we have been promised the most valuable mine in the world.  We have been promised a plot of land that would rival the grandeur of Yosemite and the peacefulness of the Smokies. God has promised us an inherited slice of Heaven. We can not begin to describe what the property will be. But, we can be assured that God's plans are beyond what we can imagine. Therefore, we should keep our eyes on the Lord, listen to his instruction, keep his council close and rely on him. I can't wait to det the deed to the property of this promise. Praise God!

No comments: