Saturday, January 15, 2011

In God We Trust!

Psalm 9 (New International Version, ©2010)

 7 The LORD reigns forever;
   he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He rules the world in righteousness
   and judges the peoples with equity.
9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
   a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
   for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.



 
Trust -- reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; Confidence.

Trust is such a key part of any relationship. I don't care if it's people you work with, people you work for, husbands/wives, sons/daughters, pastors, team mates, or friends, in order for the relationship to function it must be based on trust. If you don't think you can rely on the integrity, strength, and ability of those relationships, the relationships can not survive. I've found that the only real way to develop that trust is to get to know the person. I obviously trust my wife. I know her better than anyone. I know her heart, I know her abilities and I have complete confidence in her.

How can people not trust in the Lord? Do you not believe in his integrity, his strength, his ability? If you know the Lord, you have to trust him. If you don't really know the Lord, you can't begin to understand his integrity, his strength, and his ability. So much of our faith is based on trusting in the Lord. So much of our daily lives is based on Trust, integrity, strength, ability, and confidence. 

Dear Lord, Help me to be a person that can be trusted and help people who do not trust me get to know me. I love you and trust you with everything in my life.  You are my strength. Amen!

No comments: