Monday, January 10, 2011

I live in a Sanctuary!

Psalm 5 (New International Version, ©2010)

 1 Listen to my words, LORD,
   consider my lament.
2 Hear my cry for help,
   my King and my God,
   for to you I pray.
 3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly.
4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
   with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
   in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
 6 you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
   you, LORD, detest.
7 But I, by your great love,
   can come into your house;

in reverence I bow down
   toward your holy temple.

It is such a privilege to get invited to someone's house. You don't just invite any average person to your home. Most of the time you have open invitations  to Family. Everyone else needs an invite. I know some people who invite everyone all the time to come to their house. They entertain constantly. It's like an open house every day. When my kids were young and in school, we had that type of invitation to their friends. As I have gotten older, I view my house more and more like a sanctuary. My sanctuary, my home, is an escape from this world. God has blessed me so much with a great family and he has also blessed me with a great sanctuary. I can come home at night and crash. I can sit quietly in peace and read my Bible. I can relax in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I can work off the daily frustrations  on the lawn or in the garage. I can release the stress by escaping to the sanctuary. My home is a place where I can get together with my grandkids, daughters, and son-in-laws. You know when you are at home, the people there love you. They love you unconditionally. They don't have any expectations or demands of you. They just love you.

God's house is the same. God loves for us to be with him in his house. As a matter of fact, he has gone their to prepare it specifically for us. He hasn't created this sanctuary as a place of judgement or punishment. He has designed this place for us to be in peace. He has designed it for us to relax in his presence. There is nothing we have here on Earth that can compare. It is great to realize and to focus on that final resting place, his home, our home!

Dear Lord, Thank you for providing a place for us to escape. Thank You Lord for Home. I also Thank you for the Heavenly home you are preparing for me. I know I have done nothing to deserve it. But, through your "Great Love" for us is by grace and we Love you! Amen!

No comments: