Friday, January 14, 2011

When my praises are weak........

Psalm 8 (New International Version, ©2010)

 1 LORD, our Lord,
   how majestic is your name in all the earth!
   You have set your glory
   in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
   you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
   to silence the foe and the avenger. 

3 When I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
   which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
   human beings that you care for them?[c]


When things aren't going well in our lives, we don't have to praise God at the top of our lungs. If God can use the praise of the weakest, children and infants, he can certainly use our weak praises. He doesn't rely on those praises, but he uses them regardless how powerful they are. He loves us and cares for us through all times. He doesn't just care for us when we praise him with the voice of a chorus.  He has built this universe with his owns hands. He knows us and has created the world around us with that care in mind. He knows are weaknesses. He knows our faililngs, he knows our sin. He still loves us. GRACE!


I must admit that my Praises have been weak lately. But, I have praised him even though life goes against me. My praises are weak. My voice is meek. But, God hears me. Even with my own "still small voice" he can thwart those who persecute me and can silence my foes. 


How majestic is your name Lord. How majestic is your name in all the Earth. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Amen!

No comments: