Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Where does your strength come from?

Hebrews 13:9 - 9So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them.
We have a new truck. It is a beast. WE bought it to pull the fifth wheel. With a vehicle that large you would think it would consume massive amounts of fuel. But, the fuel mileage is not much different than my last truck. The strength of the 6.7 liter Powerstroke Diesel is amazing. The horsepower available actually gives us better fuel mileage while pulling our HEAVY fifth wheel. The more you challenge that motor, the stronger it gets.
Our spiritual strength comes from God's wonderful grace, mercy, and love. The more we are challenged by life, the stronger we become, IF we trust in the Lord. Our faith is not from a set of rules we have to follow. It is not from a set of rituals, attending Sunday services, or even praying, reading the bible, or doing a blog. Our faith is proven perfect ONLY through the grace of God. The early christians found this to be true because they were fighting all sorts of rituals from the Jewish traditions. They found those rules did not give them the strength to attack the day. They found that the simple idea that God sent his son to die for us, that perfect grace, was all they really needed to deal with the challenges of life. 
I agree.
Dear Lord, I praise you for that amazing grace we sing about in song. I praise you for your perfect Love. I am empowered to take on the day before me ONLY because of that grace. Fill me with your spirit and let that spirit be known by all I meet this very day. I love you and praise you. Amen!

No comments: