Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Fathers Day!

“When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:14-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/eph.3.14-17.nlt

It's Father's Day 2018! I love being a Dad and I really love helping my daughters in any way I can. The times I just don't know how to help them, I know I can always pray for them. As a matter of fact, the older I get, the more they really don't need much help. BUT, I still know I can help by praying for them. I remember what it was like being a parent of kids growing up. There is a lot of stress and strain in that time. The only way I was able to get through it was through Prayer. The only way they will get through it is, also, prayer. I do not think of PRAYER as a small obligation for my kids. I think it is my MAIN responsibility as a father. I used to pray for the STUFF of their lives. I use to pray for their relationships, issues, jobs, homes, etc. But my faith has directed most of my recent prayers to one simple request, to see them draw closer to the Lord. I want their husbands to grow in their faith, I want them to grow in their faith, and I want their kids to grow in faith. Faith in the Lord answers all things, addresses all problems, relieves all stress and strain from life. The Lord is the answer. 

Dear Lord, Protect my kids and their families. Love them, and help them draw closer to you. Let their hearts be filled with your spirit and make your presence known in a powerful way. I can't always be there to show my love, but YOU are always there to share yours. I praise you for how you have loved this family of mine. I am honored with them and know they are a gift directly from you. Thank You for that gift. Amen!

No comments: