Friday, June 22, 2018

MUCH more than Faith



Matthew 22:37 -- 37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Do you ever get the sense that God is sending you a message?  Last night my wife, youngest daughter, and I watched the movie about Lee Strobel's life. If you are unfamiliar with Lee Strobel. He is an author and investigative reporter that was an atheist, investigated the death and resurrection of Christ. He set out to disprove Christianity's central tenet. Instead he became a believer and has gone on to do more research supporting the faith.
So, this morning I get up and am reading my daily mens devotional. The key thought for the day is about going beyond faith with your heart and your soul. Faith is also about your mind. I am a logical person. I love "reasoning" and yes, I love proof. Several years ago I read Lee's book "The case for Christ" and out of all the books I have read, THIS book solidified my already strong faith. I have been a follower of Christ since I was 12. But, my MIND always had some doubts about the validity, the historical truth about the Bible. When I read his book the reality of the truth of JESUS is just overwhelming. If you believe Jesus REALLY died on the cross AND he really rose from the dead, you can not ignore the rest of the gospel and the entirety of the Bible.  So, NOW I worship my Lord with my heart, soul, AND MIND. The message is clear and I should never forget. The Gospel is TRUE, it is REAL, and it is ALIVE right now and working in my life in VERY powerful ways.

Dear Lord, I am awed by the Gospel message. I am amazed you would come down to this small planet just to save me. I am awed by the miraculous death and resurrection of Jesus. I believe and want nothing more than my family believing also. I want them to come to know you as deeply as I have. I want them to know you as creator, savior, friend, confidant, and comforter. Life is nothing without you and I praise you for this wonderful life you have set before me. May I serve you now and forever. Amen!

No comments: