Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Get out! Share the Gospel with your face!

“I have much more to say to you, but I don’t want to do it with paper and ink. For I hope to visit you soon and talk with you face to face. Then our joy will be complete.”
‭‭2 John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2jn.1.12.nlt

There are so many ways to minister to people. Sharing the gospel should be a part of my entire life. As a blogger I love using social media to share the message of Christ. I love writing this blog, sharing positive posts and tweeting the gospel message. I look at followers and friends on Facebook as my “flock”. But the most effective way to share my faith is through face to face meetings.

I love working with students at school. My gift of teaching is a ministry and I always need to remember it’s not just a job.  The face to face interactions, how I respond, my attitude, both positive and negative encounters,  are a critical part of my ministry.  Of course motorcycle ministry is best done face to face, conversation after conversation. Face to face ministry is long term. It takes time to develop trust and an honest open relationship. I believe that’s why the church is so critical. The church is the front line in face to face ministry. So many people do not feel comfortable with the interaction with the church and it’s members. We really have to change that. The examples of the early church should help us realize our importance even now. We can’t sit barricaded in our sanctuaries thinking they are the answer. We need to get out of our pews, seek out personal encounters, meet people where they are, and just love on them as much as we can. Our lives were meant to be social. Our ministry is meant to be active socially. Not just in print or in some blog post, but pure face to face, relational experiences. Get out and share the gospel with your hands, your feet, and your face!

No comments: