Monday, June 18, 2018

I am not a whimp!

“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.””
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jos.1.9.nlt

This is one of my favorite verses. I love it that we are COMMANDED to be strong and courageous. It may not be very appropriate but I always think of this verse as God telling us to suck it up. He’s telling us to stop our whiny attitudes, stop our whoa is me mentality, stop complaining, and live our  lives  with power and strength. We have no reason to fear anything or anyone. Yet, it is so typical of me and countless other followers to fear, fret, and worry about everything and everyone.

My God created the universe. He formed mountains, carved valleys, sent his son Jesus tosave us, and has prepared an eternal home for us. What could I possibly have to fear!?

Dear Lord, you are awesome. The  power and strength you provide is endless. Forgive me for living like a whimp, afraid of everything, worrying about every moment of my life. I trust you and know you are always with me. I will walk in your power, strong and courageous! Amen!

No comments: