Tuesday, June 26, 2018

I am tired of the Anger and Hate!

“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/rom.12.2.nlt

I can not believe the radical treatment of people that is filling our news today. How can we preach tolerance and then be COMPLETELY intolerant of others?  I see this terrible treatment of people from both sides of the political isle. Sadly, I also see it from Christians. Just look at your Christian brothers and sisters on social media. I strongly urge Christians to be ABOVE the fray. Do not succumb to the battles of this world. How can we demonstrate love of each other and spew hate at the same time?

"Don't COPY the behaviors and customs of this world."  Be different! Let God change you by the power of the Holy Spirit. It has been 18 months since I have committed not to post NEGATIVE comments on social media. That does not mean I have not posted things that people disagree with. But I have committed to ONLY post positive posts. I will not bash democrats, or liberals, or their supporters. I WILL post positive things about our president and others I agree or disagree with. I will post inspirational posts AND posts from the word of the Lord. I wish others would make this commitment to remaining CIVIL in our disagreement. I can separate my LOVE for you with my disagreement on your political views. I do not hate my adversaries. I do not hate those I disagree with. I will not jump into the battle if it interferes with my sharing Christ's love with you. Can you do the same for me? I can respect your PEACEFUL protest. I can respect your call for taking political action. I can not agree with harassing politicians and their families. I can not agree with calls to harm others you disagree with. I can not endorse ANYONE who calls for violence. 

Come on Americans! Learn how to disagree with respect and honor. If our politicians can not rule with respectful civility, we need to remove them from office and find someone who can. Our politicians reflect our feelings and who we are. We need politicians that lead by example while we refuse to be like the rest of the world!  We need to change. The ANGER AND HATE needs to END!


No comments: