Monday, June 4, 2018

Do you believe?

“We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and heard so that you may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We are writing these things so that you may fully share our joy.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:3-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1jn.1.3-4.nlt

Do you believe the Bible?  Do you believe it all? Do you believe what is written about Jesus? 

The Bible is such a key part of my faith. I accept it as being 100% true and 100% the inerrant word of God revealed through the men and women who wrote it. If you can’t accept that fundamental belief, we can not share the joy of our fellowship. I don’t need to know the historical accuracy. I don’t need to know that it can be verified by some historian or backed up by some archeologist. My faith is completely upon its words. I praise God for its instruction. I praise God for the words that convict me, build me up, and reassure me that everything is going to be ok. There is no more powerful sermon, than the one I get just reading, meditating, and studying the word of the Lord. If you want to truly share the feeling of being with Jesus, seeing his face, touching is hand, walking by his side, or hearing his voice, read the word of the Lord. Make it a part of your every day routine. It will change your life. 

Dear Lord, I praise you for your words that live in my heart, soul, mind, and spirit. I can not imagine a day without the challenges it shares, the wisdom I gain, or the comfort it lends to my weary heart. Thank you for this wonderful gift. Amen!

No comments: