Thursday, June 14, 2018

Big Day!

““Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book. ””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/rev.22.7.nlt

Today is the day! Closing Day. Stephanie and I have been working night and day for this date. We have been in a period of fasting from social media, directed prayer, and devotions every morning since our house went up for sale. For over a year we have been seeking guidance and wisdom about our path from the Lord. For the past 6 months we have been going non stop working on the house and preparing it for the new owners. We have been led to this day by the Lord.  It is a step into new adventures for us. We are excited and nervous all at the same time. But, I am confident the Lord is with us now as he has been for all of our 39+ years of marriage. My confidence comes from the Lord and not through my own strength or wisdom. My confidence comes from releasing my life to Jesus. I have seen his hand in everything we do. His presence, his voice, and his gentle leading can be seen through our entire life. But, it has been very evident in this past year. I am humbled and full of praise for all he has done to get us to this day. So, let’s get it done and move forward into the great unknown.

This is also a big day in the lives of each of our kids. Each family has significant events happening ALL on this day. It’s like God has appointed June 14th as HIS day to reveal himself to the Rhoades, Gilbert, and Hinshaw household.  I praise God for what he is about to do. We know he is in charge and his plans are perfect. So we look forward to this day as those plans unfold before our eyes.

Dear Lord, I can not praise you enough for the blessings you have provided Stephanie and I. We are truly humbled. We want nothing more than to serve you and have pledged our lives to doing that very thing. We have been blessed with a wonderful home over the past 11 years and pray the new owners will receive those same blessings. Lead us into new adventures serving you. Guide us with your perfect wisdom to those that need us the most. Be with our family as we all face big events in our lives today. We ALL trust you and look forward to seeing the miracles of your love unfold in our lives. Amen!




No comments: