Monday, April 9, 2018

The Ride season begins!

““Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:38‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/act.13.38.niv

I had a great time this weekend with my biker friends. Yep, we rode our motorcycles on  chilly day that started out at 23 degrees and ended at a balmy 39! The ride season kicks off every year with our pilgrimage to little Arcola Indiana and St. Patrick’s Catholic Church. 5 out of 7 years it’s cold but no one cares. Well, I guess that’s not completely true. If it’s warm, there will be 5,000 people there. Today it was probably less than a thousand. I love Father Tad and his accent. I love that he calls our motorcycles , “Motor Bikes.” I love this event and love the promise there is good riding weather just around the corner.

So, why get all bundled up to ride to a Bike Blessing?

God has called Stephanie and I to minister, to serve bikers. We take it seriously and we do every thing we can to build relationships, pray, and serve those who don’t know Jesus. It’s not an “in your face” ministry. We serve like Jesus. We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to love everyone, the lost and our brothers are both included in that command. When an opportunity arises, we will be there. We get to know these awesome people and just love on them. We are drawn to them. We want to know their troubles, their trials, and their joys. I consider many of them my friends and pray for them daily.

God calls us to serve the lost and our brothers. He calls us to show the power of the Gospel message and live a life dedicated to him. That is only done by GOing out to serve. Praise God for the wonderful opportunity to serve!

No comments: