Thursday, April 5, 2018

I’m NOT Surprised!

“Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were hoping would happen.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭12:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/act.12.11.niv

I really love this story about Peter and the power of God. Even Peter lets down his guard and admits he had doubts about being rescued. He had so many prayer warriors, How could he be surprised? How could the prayer warriors held up in a private room be surprised? When Peter knocks on the door and they won’t even let him in, it is a crazy moment. Prayers were answered in a powerful way and yet those praying had little faith the answer would come.

We have such a great God. Our God is almighty and powerful beyond anything we could ever imagine. Yet, we/I put him in such a small box. Instead of mighty and powerful, we paint him as weak and absent from this world. My experience is that the Lord is active and deeply involved in every aspect of my life. I challenge you to look into your life and see where the Lord is working. For Stephanie and I it is so obvious how he is working. He is laying out a path before us very different than we would have designed even a year ago. Yet, it’s exciting and wonderful. It’s fun to watch the pieces fall into place and know that it is the hand of the Creator of the Universe. As I grow in my faith, I am surprised less and less when my prayers are answered. Prayer, communicating with the Lord, is so important. It must be a centerpiece of our lives. We should not be surprised when the Lord hears us and answers those prayers. Praise God for his love, his desire to be near me and Praise God for answered prayer. 

No comments: