Tuesday, April 10, 2018

WRONG THING TO DO!

Acts 14:15-16
“Friends,14:15 Greek Men. why are you doing this? We are merely human beings—just like you! We have come to bring you the Good News that you should turn from these worthless things and turn to the living God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. 

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but the students I work with love me. I really enjoy working with students and they respond. This weekend at the Bike Blessing, I had so many bikers come up and tell me how much they appreciate what we do at CMA. Things are going GREAT in my life. I have people come up and tell me how much they envy my life. IT would be so easy to pat myself on the back and bask in the praise!  

WRONG THING TO DO!

While it feels great to get that kind of affirmation. Just like Paul and Barnabus, it is so IMPORTANT to make sure people know it's not about me. I AM ONLY WHO I AM THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. I need to make sure the praise and honor for everything in my life is directed straight at the Lord. Without the Lord working through me, I am nothing AND I can confess I will "screw it up" at some point. It never fails that my sinful nature comes through at some point.  But, the LORD overcomes that and defeats the sin in me. 

My life is about ONE thing.............JESUS. My life is about spreading the gospel message to the world. It is not by MY power. The only power I have is through Jesus. He has directed me to be a light in the world and that can only be done with the grace, mercy, and love of JESUS.

Give Credit to the Lord. PRAISE GOD THAT HE CARES SO MUCH FOR ME!

No comments: