Thursday, April 26, 2018

I’m not offended,

“The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/mat.11.5-6.kjv

John the Baptist died a cruel death. Just before he was beheaded, Jesus sent him this message. If we we didn’t know better we might think Jesus was gloating over the success of his ministry and the failure of Johns. But, he told John not to be offended. I think this short statement was a message about not giving up hope in a time when it appears God is not answering your prayers.

John was suffering in prison and he died there. But, he ended up in eternity! He was freed!

Are you offended by God? Are you upset when prayers go unanswered? God is asking us not to take it personal when it looks like he is not taking action.

So, our house has been sold and unsold TWICE. Stephanie and I feel like we’re on a giant roller coaster. We have accepted two offers only to have people withdraw them for the smallest reasons. My emotions go from disappointment to anger to praising God. Yes, to praising God. I know he has a plan and that plan is perfect. I’m not sure why, he could make this easy. He has the power to sell this house right now! But for some reason, my wise Heavenly Father  has chosen a time of waiting. So we wait. I’m not offended. Our prayers will be answered in his time!

Praise God for his love and direction!

No comments: