Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I’m not suffering from a mental disorder

“One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!” Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:3-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
http://bible.com/111/act.10.3-5.niv

Have you ever had a vision from God? To the faithless, this might seem ridiculous. Or some famous talk show personality might say you’re crazy or suffer from a mental health disorder. I don’t take it lightly.

About ten months ago, in the midst of some personal trials, God spoke to me. Since that time a new vision of my future has begun to come into focus. I can SEE where God is leading me and Stephanie. First of all we are venturing down a clear path to retirement. I’m not there yet mentally, but I’m getting closer. Second, God is calling Stephanie and I into some type of mission field. We don’t know exactly what that looks like, but the wheels have clearly been placed in motion. We are excited and anxious about our future. We want to make sure of God’s direction. We are in constant prayer. Our prayers are for discernment and wisdom in making life decisions. God is faithful. Even through some anxiety and anticipation, we are at peace knowing God is in control.

We all need to look to God for direction in our daily lives. We need to ask for clear vision as we plan for our future. We need to remain in constant prayer, in order to listen for the voice of God. You are not crazy listening to the voice of the creator of the universe. You do not suffer from a mental disorder.

Dear Lord, remind me my future plans are not MY plans, they are yours. Guide my steps, my words, my thoughts, and my decisions so that I will follow the path you have laid before me. Give me clear vision to see your will for my life. Speak to me Lord. I long to hear your voice and your presence in my life. I am so honored that you care about me, a sinner saved by your wonderful grace!

No comments: