Sunday, April 29, 2018

A different kind of Beggar

“For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford, but far more. And they did it of their own free will. They begged us again and again for the privilege of sharing in the gift for the believers in Jerusalem. They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord and to us, just as God wanted them to do.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭8:3-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2co.8.3-5.nlt

I have to admit... I’m not a very good giver. I have had points in my life I have tithed, not very often. Don’t misunderstand. I have given to numerous charities, churches, school organizations, and community groups. Yet,  I can’t say I have given sacrificially. I have never begged God for the opportunity to give. How amazing is the group of early followers mentioned above. They certainly are a new kind of beggar. I have given less than I could afford. I wonder what blessings I missed. I don’t think anyone can say I have given more than they hoped for.

Steph and I have been re-examining our giving. At the beginning of the year we started tutoring and have been giving nearly all of it to support our motorcycle ministry. We are in the process of selling our home. We are tithing on all our proceeds. We are looking at giving more and living on way less. I’m not doing it to “earn” more blessings. I know that can’t be done because I deserve nothing. But I do not God will bless that money for his kingdom and it’s reach will be multiplied beyond anything I could imagine.

Dear Lord, I know I need to give Everything I have for your kingdom. I need to sacrifice all for you. Please forgive me for my selfish giving. I need your spirit to fill both Stephanie and I to see ALL we have is for you and for your glory. May we direct it all to you every day of our lives! Amen!

No comments: