Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The List

“So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees. Then he said to his servant, “Go and look out toward the sea.” The servant went and looked, then returned to Elijah and said, “I didn’t see anything.” Seven times Elijah told him to go and look. Finally the seventh time, his servant told him, “I saw a little cloud about the size of a man’s hand rising from the sea.” Then Elijah shouted, “Hurry to Ahab and tell him, ‘Climb into your chariot and go back home. If you don’t hurry, the rain will stop you!’””
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭18:42-44‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1ki.18.42-44.nlt

Elijah never gave up. Neither should we.

I have a pretty big prayer list. It rarely gets smaller. But, I’m praying for rain! I need the Lords help for me, my family, and my friends. I have learned I can not go through life alone. I have learned that if my life is left up to my own actions, I will not survive.

I haven’t always had a physical prayer list. I can’t tell you how important it is. It is so easy to give up on a prayer, forget about it, and move on just because God didn’t answer it in your time. Having a prayer list, journal, helps me be persistent , and never give up. Sometimes God wants to know how serious we are about our requests. If they fade with our newest crisis, you may not be all that committed to your supplications.

Dear Lord, forgive me of my lack of focus. Forgive me for my lack of faith. I will not give up because you have never given up on me. I can not live this life the way you want me to live without your powerful hand. Please Lord hear my cries! Amen!

No comments: