Friday, April 27, 2018

I get knocked down!

“We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:8-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2co.4.8-10.nlt

I have mentioned the ups and downs of our life in the past few weeks. I read this scripture this morning and I know it was sent from God. I have been a little stressed lately. The house has been on the market, off the market, on the market, off the market and now back on the market. We bought a new fifth wheel for our home, bought a new truck, sold our camper, and tried to continue in ministry. It’s been a whirlwind! If I didn’t have 58 years experience in God’s perfect plan, I would be in shear panic mode. Strangely enough, I’m not! It’s only through the power of Jesus living inside me.

This scripture describes me perfectly. I feel pressed in on all sides, perplexed, hunted down, and over all stressed to the max.  But, it’s amazing how much peace you can feel during times of trouble when the Lord is with you. It’s incredible how blessed I am and wouldn’t ever be able to complain about my life. The Lord is good and I know if I just trust him I will not be crushed, or live in dispair, or feel abandoned. As the song says, “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.... On Christ the solid rock I stand!”

Praise God for his perfect love and the adventurous path he has laid before me.

No comments: