Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Crazy Giving

“Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. ””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:38‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/luk.6.38.nlt


As a teacher, I am bombarded with fundraisers for sports teams, clubs, and all sorts of charities. If you don’t have the right attitude it can be a little frustrating. But, I really support the things our kids are doing. I am more than willing to do what I can. I enjoy giving. Since January Stephanie and I have been tutoring to help raise money for our Christian Motorcyclists Association annual fundraiser. It’s amazing how it makes you feel giving big. We have sold our house and we are dedicating a portion of those profits to our church and our ministry. I don’t give to get more. I give because I am compelled to serve the Lord with all my resources, everything!

When I was reading these verses this morning, it convicted me that I need to do more. I need to be a crazy giver, I need to give everything for his kingdom. I need to devote every day, every hour, every minute, every dollar, every thing I own, for his kingdom. God has blessed me beyond anything I deserve and infinitely more than I could ever dream. What I have, who I am is only through the power of his grace and mercy. How can I not give all to his kingdom. How can I keep anything for myself?

We all need to sacrifice for the kingdom. We need to give in a way that we say “This is Crazy!” We need to question the sanity of our giving. We need to give from deep, not just from a shallow obligation. The Lord knows everything we have. He sees what our true commitment is. When we give in CRAZY ways , he honors that and gives back three fold!

Praise a God for this life we live!

No comments: