Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Liars

Then Peter said, “Ananias, why have you let Satan fill your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself. (Acts of the Apostles 5:3 NLT)

This story is such a tragedy. Lying led to death for Ananias and his wife. You just can't hide things from the Lord. Why would you want to? What makes it worse is when you lie to the Lord and others know you lied to the Lord. I have been in the presence of peole that just can't help but lie. They think no one knows. They are the only one being fooled. It's sad and tragic. 

God values an honest and truthful relationship with us. We can be open. We can let our feelings be clear. We don't have to lie to God And we don't have to lie to others. Once we start down the path of lying it is difficult to stop. Yet, God can help. Turn to him. Ask for his help. Make a vow to stop. His strength will sustain you.

Dear Lord, Forgive me for lies I have shared with you and with others. You know my heart. I do not want to lie. I do not want to hurt you or the peole I meet. Protect me from Satan. Do not let him fill my heart. Instead fill me with your love, grace, and mercy. You are amazing and I love you with everything in me. Amen!


No comments: