Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Speak out!

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, “Don’t be afraid! Speak out! Don’t be silent! For I am with you, and no one will attack and harm you, for many people in this city belong to me.” (Acts of the Apostles 18:9-10 NLT)

Sometimes I speak out at times I should be silent. My discernment is not always what it should be. I have hurt people by what I say. I have tried to use words when actions would have been better. 

The more I read and study the word of God the better I am at saying the right things and speaking out in the proper way. If I rely on my sinful nature for judgment on the words that come from my mouth, I'm in trouble. If I rely on the guiding of the Holy Spirit, I can rest assured, when I speak out, it is within God's plan. 

We all need to spend time with the Lord, reading his word, praying for guidance, wisdom and discernment. But, with the prompting of the Spirit of the Lord, we need to speak out and not be afraid of the enemy and those worldly consequences. 

I pray I can do that!

No comments: