Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Private prayers

They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?” And within the hour they were on their way back to Jerusalem. There they found the eleven disciples and the others who had gathered with them, who said, “The Lord has really risen! He appeared to Peter. ” (Luke 24:32-34 NLT)

I am so thankful for a great family and wondeful group of Christian friends. On Monday, I posted on social media the need for prayers for a personal, private matter. Over 80 people either commented or liked the post. I am thankful for those prayers and continue to need them. I am also thankful for those not asking why. Sometimes prayer requests can turn into nothing more than a gossip session. Every one of my friends respected my privacy and just prayed. I ask you to continue to respect that. When and if you see me, it's ok to acknowledge you are praying for me. Please leave it at that. Don't gossip, avoid speculation, but fervently pray for guidance, discernment, and the glory of God revealed through this situation.

I love all of my faithful brothers and sisters in Christ. Please sincerely pray. I love my Lord even through the tough hurdles in life. I have faith in him through all things. If the Lord chooses to teach me through fire and trials, I accept it because he has been faithful throughout my 54 years of life! I know his power. I have seen it. It has been a big part of my life. Praise God for his undying love, his wonderful grace, and magnificent mercy in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will continue to pray. Don't need details Gods already got them. I just pray His will be done. Gods peace brother.