Sunday, May 17, 2015

Does God "put up"with you?

“The God of this nation of Israel chose our ancestors and made them multiply and grow strong during their stay in Egypt. Then with a powerful arm he led them out of their slavery. He put up with them through forty years of wandering in the wilderness. (Acts of the Apostles 13:17-18 NLT)

Sometimes I am surprised my wife puts up with me. I can be a total pain in the ----! We've been married for 37 years and I've put her through moves around the country, job changes, career changes, life changes, and more. She has been my secretary, administrative assistant, negotiator, arbiter, guide, counselor, and dare I say "slave". But, despite "putting up" with me she loves me! How amazing is that?

When I read this verse, I also realize how much God has to "put up" with me. I had a wonderful weekend. I am blessed beyond my wildest expecations. When I read this last night, it helped me remember how much I really don't deserve the blessings I get. I am just like the stubborn Nation of Israel. I beg for help during trouble, ignore God during great times, try to direct God, and I am selfish to a fault. But, God still loves me. He adores me and longs to be with me. How amazing is God and the love he has for me. I am embarrassed and honored to be your child. Praise God! You are amazing! I love you and want to always honor you with my words and deeds. 



No comments: