Thursday, May 21, 2015

Consequences.

Then God said to Abraham, “Your responsibility is to obey the terms of the covenant. You and all your descendants have this continual responsibility. (Genesis 17:9 NLT)

As parents, one of the lessons we want to teach our kids is, "Take responsibility for your actions." If you make a mistake, admit it. If you do not obey God, you will suffer the consequences. If you reject the God of the universe, your ultimate consequence is death. Many of the ills of this world are consequences of our sin and separation from God. We want to blame those things on God. Many people even use this as an excuse to reject God. But God gives us freedom to make choices. He also gives us the consequences. 

I can not ignore the fact that I have caused many of my own problems in this life. Poor choices, not going to the father for his wisdom and counting on my own understanding, lead to tragic consequences. I am responsible for those choices and I can not avoid the results.

Dear Lord, I know that I can not live this life to its fullest without you. I can not avoid the consequences for my poor choices and ignoring your plan. Pleas Lord forgive me for my sins, forgive me for  separating myself from you. Help me to learn from my mistakes and to continue to look to you for guidance and wisdom. You are making and I am so thankful that you do not hold a grudge. You love me even through my sin. I praise you for that love, mercy and grace. Amen!


No comments: