Thursday, May 14, 2015

I need peace! We all need peace!

This is the message of Good News for the people of Israel—that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. (Acts of the Apostles 10:36 NLT)

I need peace. We all need peace and we can only get that peace through Jesus.

I have to admit. I have been stressed lately. I've been stressed about the end of school. I've been stressed about Run for the Son ( my Cma chapter annual fundraiser), I've been stressed about a variety of family issues, I've been stressed for other people and their stresses, and I have been stressed over bring stressed! This is craziness and I just haven't handled it well. 

I'm a strong believer in Christ. I know and have personally seen his power in my life. I know I can not be defeated because of my savior. So, why can't I shake this stress? Why can't I enjoy the PEACE of Jesus? It always boils down to one reason, I am a selfish, self centered sinner who's faith is a long way from where it needs to be. 

Today, we recieved word of a colleague's child that has a very serious illness. My challenges in life are miniscule compared to the battle many people face with life threatening illness, joblessness, homelessness, and loss. My struggles can't even be called struggles compared to the potential loss of a loved one that one of my CMA family faces. I don't face the trials that many face every day. I'm blessed beyond imagine. My entire attitude, my entire "stress" filled attitude needs to stop. I need to focus my entire life praying for others, not my petty problems. I need to serve as a prayer warrior, not just for my self, but more importantly for those I know are battling REAL life battles. 

Dear Lord, my life is yours. I ask forgiveness for complaining. I realize how great I have it. Please Lord be with my friends, family, and colleagues facing real life challenges. They need you. They need to be aware of your presence. They need your healing touch and your wonderful grace. Take away their stress, give them peace, and give them rest. We all need the peace that only flows through you. I praise you now and forever more! Amen,

No comments: