Sunday, May 3, 2015

The notorious sinner.

Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus to his house in great excitement and joy. But the people were displeased. “He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner,” they grumbled. Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood before the Lord and said, “I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!” (Luke 19:6-8 NLT)

Jesus ministry was so unconventional for the day. Actually, it's even unconventional for TODAY! Jesus made time for "church" , as we all should. But, his ministry was taken to the people and he never hesitated when being a guest of a "notorious sinner". He found the same thing I have found, the notorious of sinners is usually more giving than the most pious of religious "sinners". I really don't even know what a notorious sinner looks like. It might be I would see it when I looked into the mirror.

Yesterday was a wonderful example of that. My CMA family held our annual fundraiser, Run for the Son. I have always been so blessed with the support of our motorcycle community for this ministry. Most of the people that come are great Christian people, but some would be classified as, notorious sinners! I have seen their love show through brighter than most people. Even those that live a life separate from God recognize the power of Jesus through our ministry. I will also say I am completely humbled by Gods blessing on this ministry. We do NOTHING, with out that blessing. I am weak. My Lord is strong. My doubts, my weakness of faith are evident with this event. I worry needlessly over this big event. I am always so worried when we are putting our ministry on display for nonbelievers. I don't want to be the stumbling block for someone not knowing the love of Jesus. I want to share Jesus with a special event like none other. I don't want this to be just another motorcycle ride. So I fret. Needlessly! God always shines through. He did so yesterday, he will do so today, and he has done that through my 54 years of life. 

Dear Lord, forgive my weakness,my lack of faith, and not trusting your infinite wisdom, power, and love. I am humbled to be your servant. I praise your blessings. I praise your presence yesterday for our event. I dedicate myself and our insisted to you again. Thank you Lord. thank you Lord! You are amazing! Amen!


No comments: