Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One goal, ONLY one!

I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.
          So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it. (Philippians 3:10, 11, 15, 16 MSG)


Today starts a new year. Today we forget about 2012 and move into 2013. Many have marked this day with resolve to change themselves in one way or another. The only goal I have is the one from Philippians 3, I will keep focused on the Goal God has set before me, complete and total commitment to him. I will do everything possible to get to know him more, personally. I will be his close partner even through suffering or death. I have given my all to him. I will worship him, share with the lost, pray for family, friend, and foe. I will spend time searching his guidance, his wisdom, and his strength. Lord I know you are always near and I will comitt to not leave you just like you will never leave me. Thank you for the year ahead. Thank you for the challenges and the blessings. Thank you for your love and your son. You are amazing!

No comments: