Tuesday, January 29, 2013

CMA - it's a calling!

But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted. (1 Peter 2:9, 10 MSG)

The Christian Motorcyclist Association has been a big part of my life for the past 4 years. I can't think of a ministry that's more inline with Christ's teaching than CMA. I love my church, but it is more of a place for the FOUND, than the LOST. I don't mean this in a bad way. Most people find Jesus, at least hear his calling, then go to church. CMA takes the church to the people. We go into the heart of those who have rejected GOD and build relationships. Our hope is to be there when the lost need us. Along the way, we get to share the love of Christ with GRACE and unconditional love.

This ministry is not for the faint of heart. I have seen some of the most blatant rejection of God and lives that revel in sin. Yet, where would Jesus go. In my heart I know he would be right with us in the trenches, loving on some burly biker with a love only he can give. This is a calling, a high calling for priestly work. We are Gods instruments. We speak out for him and share exactly what a difference he has made in our lives. He has taken us from nothing to something. Rejection to acceptance by the king. CMA has done all that for me through the love of Jesus Christ. I thank God every day for this powerful organization.

No comments: