Thursday, January 31, 2013

If you love me.....

"If you love me, show it by doing what I've told you. I will talk to the Father, and he'll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can't take him in because it doesn't have eyes to see him, doesn't know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you! (John 14:15-17 MSG)

How do you show someone you love them? You listen to them,you take their advice, you do nice things for them, and you look for nothing in return.

I love my wife and family. I don't treat them as good as I should, but I do treat them better than those I just know. There should be a difference between how you treat someone you love and someone you don't love. It shouldn't be a burden to love someone. God is the same way. If you love him, it will show. You should listen to him, take his advice, be nice, do things for him, and ask for no payment.

Thank you Lord for your friendship through the Holy Spirit and the grace you share everyday. Amen.

No comments: