Monday, January 7, 2013

74 days to Spring Break!

the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” (Matthew 4:16 NIV)

Today was a great sunny day here in Garrett, Indiana. This time of year in Indiana that is rare. Although its not nearly as bad as Alaska, winter is a time of darkness. I leave for work in darkness and return home in darkness after practice. Cold temperatures, darkness, and snow really bring me down. I long for Spring Break and the warmth of a sunny beach in Florida or the joy of a motorcycle ride. Spring Break is still 74 days away.

Living without Jesus is the same as living an eternal winter. Praise God we have seen his great light. It's great to be alive when we live for Christ even in the cold and darkness of winter. We can survive all struggles. We can overcome all pain and suffering. We can see joy in all things. We can find peace and rest. I am so thankful for the life I have been given. I am so blessed with a great family, great CMA friends, wonderful coworkers, and a life full of light.

No comments: